After Dr Shelda Debowski finished her PhD, she began to realise that in order to be a successful academic, you need a strategy. A strategy that navigates the politics and reality of an often unstructured environment.
Shelda is now a Senior Consultant in Higher Education Development, working with academics to help them to achieve their goals. In this episode we talk about the challenges facing the modern academic, including:
- Bad practice in academia
- Working in negative environments
- The importance of publishing
- What a PhD doesn't teach you
- Tools and tips for being a successful academic
- How to nurture your core motivation